External acts of interference may cause severe accidents in critical installations, such as chemical clusters and process plants. The integration between safety and security is a critical and interdisciplinary issue; the research is aimed at developing innovative approaches for the risk and vulnerability assessment of chemical and process plants affected by external acts of interference.
- Quantitative assessment of attractiveness and vulnerability of chemical facilities to external acts of interference;
- Probabilistic risk analysis, implementation of integrated safety and security barriers;
- Development of strategies for the mitigation of accident scenarios caused by external acts of interference;
- Characterization of the impact of improvised explosives devices (IED).
Prof. Gabriele Landucci
“iNTeg-Risk – Early Recognition, Monitoring, and Integrated Management of Emerging, New Technology related, Risks”, 2008-2013 http://www.integrisk.eu-vri.eu
- F. Argenti, G. Landucci, G. Spadoni, V. Cozzani, The assessment of the attractiveness of process facilities to terrorist attacks, Safety Science 2015; 77:169-181.
- G. Landucci, G. Reniers, V. Cozzani, E. Salzano, Vulnerability of industrial facilities to attacks with improvised explosive devices aimed at triggering domino scenarios, Rel Eng Syst Safety 2015; 143:53-62.
- F. Argenti, G. Landucci, V. Cozzani, G. Reniers. A study on the performance assessment of anti-terrorism physical protection systems in chemical plants, Safety Science 2017; 94: 181–196.
- G. Landucci, F. Argenti, V. Cozzani, G. Reniers, Assessment of attack likelihood to support security risk assessment studies for chemical facilities, Proc Safety Env Prot 2017, 110:102-114.
- F. Argenti, G. Landucci, G. Reniers, V. Cozzani, Vulnerability assessment of chemical facilities to intentional attacks based on Bayesian Network, Rel Eng Syst Safety 2018;169:515-530.